Forum

In addition to those reports October 11, 2018 2:59 AM

By : jin

BEIJING, China - Canadas Kevin Koe is on the playoff bubble at the world mens curling championship after splitting his games Wednesday at Capital Gymnasium. Brandon Dubinsky Jersey . The veteran skip and his Calgary-based team beat Switzerlands Peter de Cruz 8-4 before dropping a 6-2 decision to Swedens Oskar Eriksson in the evening draw. "Its disappointing, that was a big game for us and we couldnt pull (it) out," said Koe. "Thats a tough one. Just one of those games where we would build a big end and hed come up with a good shot and I couldnt answer. "I had a few chances. I missed a triple for three (in the sixth end) and kind of miscalled the line again. Just one of those games — off by a couple inches." Canada was tied with Switzerland at 6-3 after 14 draws of play. Norways Thomas Ulsrud was in first place at 8-1 and Japans Yusuke Morozumi was next at 7-2. Round-robin play wraps up Thursday with Canada set to play Germanys Johnny Jahr and Scotlands Ewan MacDonald. The top four teams will make the playoffs. Canada still has a chance to qualify for the 1-2 Page Playoff game Friday. The winner of that game advances straight to the gold-medal game and the loser will play in Saturdays semifinal against the winner of the 3-4 Page Playoff game. The 3-4 loser and semifinal loser will play for the bronze medal Sunday before the gold-medal game. Sweden scored six single points in the win over Canada, including steals in the second, fifth and sixth ends. Eriksson moved into a fifth-place tie with Chinas Rui Liu at 5-4. "That win was huge," Eriksson said. "We lost to Switzerland this morning so we had to win this to stay in the race. We made some big shots. I made an important double in the second end to stay alive or else we would lose four. We played really good after that. "Our goal is to get into the playoffs and finish off with a medal." Norway locked up a playoff spot with an 11-2 rout of Russias Evgeny Arkhipov (1-8). Japan, meanwhile, scored a deuce in the 10th end for an 8-7 win over Germany. Koe won gold at his only previous appearance at the 2010 world championship in Cortina dAmpezzo, Italy. "Our backs are against the wall and we just have to worry about making the playoffs," he said. "I dont know what all the scenarios are but if we can get to 8-and-3, we know well be in the playoffs. Weve come through the long way in the playoffs a lot of times. "Just get us in there, give us a chance and we like our chances." Markus Hannikainen Jersey .com) - The Atlanta Hawks have stepped up to every challenge during their 14-game winning streak and will face another daunting task Friday with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder in town. Jack Johnson Jersey . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries.Rumours surrounding official UFC uniforms are back and the organization is doing its best to quickly stomp out the flames. Notorious mixed martial arts source @frontrowbrian posted side by side photos of current middleweight champion Chris Weidman to Twitter on Thursday, with one side featuring Weidman in his regular octagon attire and the other showing a mockup of what the fighter would look like dressed in a branded uniform. MMAjunkie.com received a statement from the organization refuting any current uniform deals. "We continue to speak to many potential partners and will make an announcement when we reach an agreement," the statement read. A UFC uniform deal has been rumoured for some time now. It has caused quite a ripple within the organization, especially with president Dana White. The situation boiled over in mid-February, a few days before UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann. During a media scrum, White let off some steam surrounding the gossip. "We havent announced a uniform deal, we have no uniform deal. We said that its something that were looking into. Theres no (expletive) uniform deal, were working on it," he said. "Its (expletive) ridiculous, there is no deal, and were sitting here talking about something that doesnt exist." However, fighters past and present remain curious about the prospects. At the beginning of March, formeer lightweight and featherweight title contender Kenny Florian, now a television personality, told MMA website Bloody Elbow he thought it could be a good deal for the organization. Sonny Milano Jersey. "I think if its something that benefits the fighters and benefits the UFC, then I think its great, but I dont know exactly what is going to happen." he said. At the same time, undefeated welterweight Alberto Mina wasnt against the idea but also wasnt overly thrilled. "I believe every fighter has their own characteristics, their own body types, and their own way on how they feel better about themselves," he also told Bloody Elbow. "I think its a very personal thing. Dont take me wrong, but I think its not really necessary." Theres is no way to tell how far away, if at all, the UFC is to locking down a uniform deal, but other reports speculate that the UFC has already reached a deal with fitness apparel giant Under Armour. In addition to those reports, and with the photos featuring Weidman in overtly labelled Under Armour gear, there is speculation an announcement of a deal could come at UFC 182: Jones vs. Teixeira in Maryland, where the company was founded. Nonetheless, the statement to MMAjunkie denies any and all murmurs. The UFC also denied comment on the photos as well. "We havent reached an agreement at this time." Cheap France Jerseys Authentic Cheap Zambia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Wales Soccer Jerseys Cheap Venezuela Soccer Jerseys Cheap Uruguay Soccer Jerseys Cheap Ukraine Soccer Jerseys Cheap Turkey Soccer Jerseys Cheap Switzerland Soccer Jerseys Cheap Sweden Soccer Jerseys Cheap Spain Soccer Jerseys Cheap South Africa Soccer Jerseys Cheap Slovakia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Singapore Soccer Jerseys Cheap Senegal Soccer Jerseys Cheap Saudi Arabia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Russia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Romania Soccer Jerseys Cheap Portugal Soccer Jerseys Cheap Poland Soccer Jerseys Cheap Peru Soccer Jerseys ' ' ' 

To post a comment please register or sign in