Forum

Warriors coasted to the easy February 11, 2019 12:41 AM

By : jin

Vinny Prospal officially announced his retirement from the NHL on Tuesday after 1,108 NHL games, 255 goals and 765 points. Cody Latimer Giants Jersey . A veteran of 16 NHL seasons, Prospals career was highlighted by him ranking fourth in points scored, third in assists and sixth in games played among all Czech Republic born players in NHL history. "I want to thank my teammates and coaches who helped me enjoy a 20-year professional hockey career when very few thought I would play even one NHL game," said Prospal. "I sincerely want to thank the fans who have been so good to me, treating me with such kindness and respect, for the 20 years I have played here in North America in both the NHL and the AHL. Playing in the NHL was a dream. To play at the highest level for 16 years, with the best players in the world is something I will cherish for the rest of my life." Prospal played for seven NHL teams - the Anaheim (Mighty) Ducks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Florida Panthers, New York Rangers, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia Flyers, Tampa Bay Lightning - with three stints in Tampa Bay and two in Philadelphia. The Vancouver Canucks were looking to sign the 38-year-old winger to an American Hockey League tryout with the  Canucks affiliate, the Utica Comets last week. However, Prospal informed the team Friday he has decided to retire instead. "I loved playing hockey, I loved scoring goals and I loved being a part of the NHL for so many years. That said, within minutes of me stepping on the ice for practice last week in Abbotsford, I knew that I wanted to focus on something that was more important than hockey, my family. I love my wife and I love my children. Having spent much of the last 10 months with them waiting for a call to return to the ice, I know now that I would rather be with them at home helping and supporting my wife and being with my kids than playing the game I love so much. When I got on the ice with the Abbotsford Heat last Thursday, it was clear to me that I did not have the desire to play at the level I have come to expect of myself anymore. And to not be able to give everything needed would be to disrespect the game that has been so good to me. I am going to focus all my time and attention now on being a good father and a husband. Because, in the end, my family is and will always be my greatest accomplishment. "I want to thank all of the teams I have played with for having the faith in me they did. I especially want to thank the Vancouver Canucks, with whom I have never played a game for, and my coach and friend, John Tortorella, for helping me have closure that would not have occurred had they not extended to me the opportunity they did last week. I appreciate Torts and the Canucks for their faith in me and am sorry I will not be reunited with one of the most influential people in my life in Torts as we had planned." Prospal was drafted 71st overall by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft. Saquon Barkley Jersey . 4 jersey of former defenseman Rob Blake this coming season. The ceremony will take place prior to the Kings January 17 game against Anaheim. Kyle Lauletta Giants Jersey .com) - Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies withstood 18 Dallas 3-pointers, as Memphis took control in the third quarter and fended off a Mavericks rally en route to a 114-105 win in a Southwest Division showdown.Oakland, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - The Golden State Warriors exacted some revenge en route to their best start in 20 years. Stephen Curry had 28 points, seven assists and six rebounds as the Warriors rolled to a 121-104 win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night. The 4-0 Warriors, who havent opened a season this well since beginning 5-0 in 1994-95, were ousted in seven games by the Clippers in the first round of last years playoffs. Draymond Green posted 24 points, eight boards and five assists and Klay Thompson netted 19 points for the Warriors, who shot an NBA season-high 58.1 percent (43-of-74) from the floor. DeAndre Jordan tallied 17 points and 13 rebounds, Chris Paul supplied 15 points, 12 assists and four steals and Jamal Crawford netted 24 points off the bench for Los Angeles, which fell to 3-2 on the young campaign. Curry scored seven points during a 14-2 first-quarter run, which staked the Warrriors to a 21-11 advantage. New York Giants Jerseys. They led 30-20 after Leandro Barbosa nailed a 3-pointer in the waning seconds of the opening frame. Green and Thompson each put in five points during a 14-2 surge in the second as the onslaught continued. Two Green free throws with 4:03 to go gave Golden State a 52-31 cushion. Curry and Thompson combined to score 18 points in the second and the Warriors took a 65-52 spread into the break. The Clippers scored 22 points in the second. Golden State took a 102-75 advantage into the fourth, where the Warriors coasted to the easy victory. Game Notes David Lee made his season debut due to a strained left hamstring, but he reaggravated the injury and played less than seven minutes ... The Warriors and Clippers split their four regular-season meetings last year ... Golden State was 15-of-25 (60 percent) from beyond the arc. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' ' 

To post a comment please register or sign in